Forum Discussion

firstresponse
Trusted Cover User
6 months ago

Update Contacts

Hello, I am stil haveing the same issue with updateing contact details. The contact was imported from a previous version of MYOB and now when I try and amend a contact by just deleting the contact person I keep getting the error message "One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit". The contact is very long as it is a Department of ********** and has a Department name (in brackets) at the end. Now it wont accept it when nothing has changed except taking out the contact.   :(

6 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for your post. 

Thank you for flagging this to us. This error message is related to the number of characters in the Notes or description field and impacts saving changes to the other field in contact details. MYOB Business does not allow to increase in the character limit. Currently, the Company Name field is limited to a set of 49 characters including spaces. If you do have a name that is longer than that, our recommendation would be to look into abbreviating the name where possible i.e., Dept. instead of Department. However, you could use the description to put a longer name. The description allows you to have 255 characters, and the customer's name allows 8-13 characters.  

I hope this helps. You can contact us again if you need further assistance. We are more than happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi firstresponse,

Thank you for the update. To check, please go to Payroll >> Employees >> Contact Details >> Notes/description. Please let me know how you go with this. We are happy to help.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel