Forum Discussion

2 years ago

AutoBuild and Inventory

We are a manufacturer of water treatment chemicals. We need a decent system for tracking our inventory because at present there is none. I am wanting to use the autobuild function but I am having a little difficulty figuring out the best way to use it.

We purchase in chemicals in 1000 litre IBC's or pallets of 25kg bags. We then mix varying chemicals to make other chemicals for distribution. We sell the chemicals by weight in either 20kg, 200kg drums or 1000 litre IBC's. After forever thinking about how to do this because each chemical has a different specific gravity weight, I did manage to figure it out (fingers crossed). I guess I would need to create a ton of sold items for each chemical because we have three pricing tiers - retail, reseller and another and for each item I would input the autobuild components? Is there any better way of doing this? Could the price tier levels be utilised instead of 3 different 20kg items for the same product? I have never used price tier so I don't know how that works. 

Also, we manufacture some chemical purely to mix with another chemical that is sold. Would I just mark that item as "I inventory" and list the autobuild components? Does this automatically reduce the stock levels when I build 1 item?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi CompleteWater 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Before you can build a finished item using the Auto-Build function, you need to define what items are needed to build the Items. Or if you have a negative quantity we cannot use the Autobuild.  We have a Help Article: Auto-Building items. this can provide you more detailed information. 

Feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel