Forum Discussion

Meena
Experienced User
2 months ago

Payroll - unable to sign in

I am unable to sign in to Payroll, couldn't sign in all night last night and again this morning. 

Just keep getting this error message:

This page isn’t working

essentials.myob.co.nz is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 503

I have cleared the cache and deleted the browser history, have updated and restarted the computer and have tried another PC with a different browser but... the two factor authentication now wont work, sends me the email and when I put the number in it says incorrect number or it has been used before? (it isn't the incorrect number and I haven't used it before?? 

I need to get the pays processed today but am about to head off to work.

11 Replies

René
    Experienced User

Thanks for the feedback.

I know there should be an update regarding tax rates etc.  Thought it would be automatically (which I could see at the top after being able to log in)

No notification about using the new log in!  Caused a lot of panic....

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

You should be logging in to app.myob.com. Is the problem that essentials.myob.co.nz is no longer working.

Meena
      Experienced User

Thanks jenniek - has this just changed as I used the Essentials (what I had bookmarked and have been using since the last update) on Sunday night when I was checking holiday / sick pay, and then on Monday it wouldn't work?

I couldn't access the app.myob.com last night either just kept asking me to login and then my 2FA wouldn't work, but it is definately working now - thanks very much!

• Of course I get this 5 seconds after going through and manually preparing a pay using the IRD tables (new pay rates!).

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi MartynC84,

I totally get how time-consuming it can be to manually prepare pay using the IRD tables. If you're running into the same error as others, please follow the steps provided above as this might help resolve the error. If the issue persists, feel free to reach out to us, or visit help sites like myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. If MOCA can't help, you'll be automatically directed to our live chat team.

Cheers,

Princess

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your post and we apologize for the inconvenience if you are getting an error in processing your Pay runs. The connection error might be due to the DNS settings. To change to Google DNS. The below steps are based on a basic network setup. In a corporate environment, you should check with your IT department before making any changes.

1. Close AccountRight
    2. Press the windows Start key on your keyboard (between the Ctrl and Alt keys).
    3. In the search box, type Network and Sharing Center
    4. Click Network and Sharing Center.
    5. Click Change adapter settings.
    6. Right-click on your active network connection (the one you're currently using for internet access) and choose Properties.
    7. In the list of items, click to highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click Properties.
    8. If any details are displayed under Use the following DNS server addresses, take a note of these details.
    9. Select the option Use the following DNS server addresses, then enter the following details:
      Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
      Alternate DNS server: enter the value for your IPv4 Default Gateway which you noted in the previous task. If this information was NA, enter 8.8.4.4
    10. Click OK and close all windows.
    11. Start AccountRight and open your company file.

If you're still experiencing issues (you might need help from an IT professional). 

Also, if you are using Essentials file or MYOB Business make sure to login via app.myob.com.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

René
    Experienced User

Has there been an upgrade?  I didn't receive any emails/notifications.

René
    Experienced User

I am getting the error as well.  Need to process payroll today.  When will this be sorted?

• and yet the main status page shows that all systems are up, nothing offline!

• I am getting the same error message as well. I also need to process pays today.