Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Payroll error message: "Please check your values"

Is anyone else getting the error message "Please check your values" when entering payroll data? When entering data, the table on the right side of the page updates the Gross pay but the PAYE, Kiwisaver and Take Home Pay are not updating when extra hours are added. The Help page refers to the 'Too much Variation....." but this option is not showing. 

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi CatherineDR grundy619 

yes - this is a thing. There is an issue with the Bonus code. MYOB gave us an alternative to process bonus as a seprarate pay - however this would mean then going back and adjusting the extra leave that running a separate pay creates. We created a new allowance code - called Bonus2, and used this code. However you need to override the tax to correct the tax to include secondary tax on the bonus amount.

CatherineDR
      User

It's not the bonus code that we are using - I think it's a separate error. We use extra hours every payroll, so this is a new error.

grundy619
    Contributing User

I'm getting the same problem, adding in a bonus figure for 2 of 6 employees and the PAYE is not calculating correctly, nor KS values.

grundy619
      Contributing User

Only values that seem incorrect are PAYE calculated by MYOB Essentials. How do I fix this?

grundy619
      Contributing User

Help desk assisted with running manual pays for the bonus payments that MYOB Essentials would not calculate into net Pay when running my usual weekly pay.

The fix was to delete the pay item "Bonus" and then re-create a Bonus pay item. First run the error to check values was back, so we had to remove the new bonus pay item from being included in KS calcs. The manual pays went through this time, no KS.

However not paying KS on the Bonus is not correct, I expect MYOB to be responsible for any penalties due to this illegality.

If I now edit the Bonus pay item to include KS will the error return next pay? Or do we never pay KS on bonuses again?

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi all

Thank you to jenniek for providing a response with a possible resolution, and CatherineDR - Great to hear it is resolved for yourself.

grundy619 - were you still needing assistance on this or would Jennie's suggestion also work in your situation?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.