Forum Discussion

Anna-UL
Experienced Cover User
9 months ago

Payroll file corrupted after installed in new computer Windows 11

Hello,

We are using Payroll 2023.1, and have just installed Payroll in a new PC with Windows 11.  This time the message "The data file has been corrupted.  Please contact MYOB Customer Service." comes up again. 

I have contacted you in 2020 when I encountered the same problem.   It was solved when I referred to your advice to change the language setting,  Region->System Locale,  to "New Zealand".  At that time, the then-new PC was using Windows 10.

But this time when I did the same solution to the 2nd new PC which has Windows 11, it didn't work.  The error mesage still shows up.

Could you please help?  

Look forward to your reply.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Anna

4 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Anna-UL

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties opening your file on your new computer. Unfortunately, it seems like the MYOB Payroll application is not optimized for Windows 11. Since you already changed the language to NZ, please uninstall and reinstall the software to see if this fixes the issue. Also, restore the file back after reinstalling the software. If it still does not work, it is likely that the program will not run in Windows 11. 

Feel free to post again if you require any other assistance. 

Thanks,

Genreve

jenniek
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Anna-UL 

Did you stop your virus scan and/or firewall while installing and right click and run as administrator to install?