Forum Discussion

12 days ago

Payroll Register & Summary not matching

I am having issues finalizing the Yearly STP. After investigating the errors, it narrowed down to the gross payment.

Both my summary of payroll activity report and payroll register report aligned. However, when I checked against the YTD verification report there is a discrepancy of $9,615.38 shown in 1 employees gross payment.

I have checked all his pay categories and couldn’t find any errors. Upon checking his pay run, I found that the sum of 2 of his gross payments and 1 of his Public holiday payments equals $9,615.38.

i have done many times of send update events  I still have the same issue. i wish someone could help. 

4 Replies

• Thanks. after I changed the pay categories and updated event again, all matched now.

Maggie_Sellen
    Experienced Partner

I have same issue. I have tracked to a particular payrun and person. Category used are all common with other employees and are reporting to ATO STP before and  after as expected. 

• Hi Doreen

i am really struggling with my STP and my MYOB figures

is there any chance I could message you directly with my problem as it is very hard to explain and everyone probably current want to hear how bad I am at this

cheers

Michelle

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi rachelz76

It sounds like you're working through some payroll details. To make sure everything lines up correctly, check the ATO reporting category for each payroll category used in your processed pay runs. If any changes were made, remember to send an update event. Also, keep an eye out if the employee is linked to a pay item or if their pay categories are exempted from PAYG. These factors can affect your reporting accuracy. If you need a hand with any of this, just feel free to post again!

Best regards,

Doreen