Forum Discussion

JulieM09
Trusted Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

AccountRight closes when processing payments

With the new layout of the Community board, I can not find or view anything on this site anymore so can't see if there is already a reported problem with AccountRight this mornning.  

Everytime I go to close a client's invoice, I repeatedly get the message that "something has gone wrong with AccountRight and we need to close".

The client in question has 3 separate invoices open, I have tried to close a different one each time and get the same message.

Is there a problem with AccountRight this morning?  I am using 2020.2

• Hi JulieM09

Thank you for your post. We are aware of an issue where the Receive Payments window is generating an error message. A patch update has been made available (AccountRight 2020.2.1) for this particular situation. Affected clients that have already installed the AccountRight 2020.2 version should receive an In-Product message with details on how to install that patch update. We are also looking into other ways of making that patch upgrade available to clients including through their my.MYOB accounts.

Should you not receive that In-Product messaging, we do recommend that you reinstall the product with refresh installers from your my.MYOB account (is listed as AccountRight 2020.2 still). If you are on using the PC Edition we can provide the direct patch update upon request.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JulieM09

Thank you for your post. We are aware of an issue where the Receive Payments window is generating an error message. A patch update has been made available (AccountRight 2020.2.1) for this particular situation. Affected clients that have already installed the AccountRight 2020.2 version should receive an In-Product message with details on how to install that patch update. We are also looking into other ways of making that patch upgrade available to clients including through their my.MYOB accounts.

Should you not receive that In-Product messaging, we do recommend that you reinstall the product with refresh installers from your my.MYOB account (is listed as AccountRight 2020.2 still). If you are on using the PC Edition we can provide the direct patch update upon request.

JulieM09
      Trusted Cover User

Thanks Melisa_D , so I'm not going crazy or cross-eyed then!  I will download AR again and see what happens - I have not received an email update regarding the error.

dutto
      Cover User

i have the same problem and have tried to download again but i come up with user cancelled 

dutto
        Cover User

apologise i was trying to download with unistalling first.  sorry works now