Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

AR 2021.8 stuck in backup process

Good day,

I tried to do a backup yesterday, but the system showed an error and said it couldn't connect to the server. After I closed that window, other one popped up and said backup was successful, but it actually didn't back up. Now we are not able to access the company’s file as every time MYOB says 'The backup is still in progress' and file status is showing as 'backing up'. How do we fix this?

• Hi nadiacon,

Thank you for letting us know, I have just reset your file to 'Active' so you should now be able to access as normal.

Let me know if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I am having exactly the same problem! Except that I was able to make an initial backup which seems to have an error on it as it won't allow me to extract the file from the zipped folder where it saved. Due to this error I attempted a second back up where I got the Backup complete message but now the status of my online file is shown as Backing Up and so am unable to open or do anything with it, plus I am unable to restore the original backup probably due to whatever the error is with it.

Can someone please assist as a matter of urgency as we had also requested the subscription of that particular file be canceled and it is imperative that I have a working copy of that company file before the subscription gets canceled.

Sam_R
      Former Staff

Hi Soniyaya,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can assist you with this, could you please send me a private message with the following details:

• Serial number
      • File name or ID
        Soniyaya
        Cover User

Thank you Sam for replying. I have sent you a private messgae as requested.

Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi nadiacon,

Thank you for letting us know, I have just reset your file to 'Active' so you should now be able to access as normal.

Let me know if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.