Forum Discussion

daniel116
Experienced User
2 years ago

backup retrieval

we are now in the cloud. Apparantly the "cloud" only stores 5 years of information.

We used to do backups regularly particularly end of year.

Now I am finding I can not retrieve them 

any suggestion s

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi daniel116 

AccountRight company information should be stored for the lifetime of that file.

In older versions, AccountRight Classic v19, you could purge out information which may be why your company file is stopped at a certain period. If the data has been purged then you would be looking at restoring a backup prior to that purging. You can restore a backup via File>>Restore. 

Please note: MYOB server backups are restored for ~180 days. Outside of that timeframe, it would be up to the user to maintain that copy of the data. for their own records.

Steven_M
      Former Staff

Hi daniel116 

The restored backup file is a snapshot of the file at the time of taking the backup. As such, the password that it would be asking for would be the one that was stored at the time of taking the backup in that file originally (i.e. if it was a 5-year-old backup file it would be the password from 5 years ago). 

From a product point of view, there was a change in the software 5 years ago in relation to passwords. If the password was longer than 12 characters it would have been stored truncated and thus would be the one that needs to be entered. For example, if the password was set as "12345678901234567" you would only need to enter "12345678901".

Other than that we would be looking at paid password removal as outlined earlier on this thread if you are not able to get passed that company file sign-on window. Do let us know if you would like us to start that process for you.

daniel116
    Experienced User

the backup retrieve does not work 

that is why i have tried contacting technical support 

When we try it asks for a password for 'administrator" but that is not our login 

we do not hav password for the 'administrator"

daniel116
      Experienced User

surely some form of compensation should be given 

daniel116
        Experienced User

we have already tried logging in with the administrator with no password and it does not work.

I am unsure what you mean to "come in" to do a password recovery 

Given that i am paying for maintenance it is totally unfair to expect payment for something like this given that you have changed the system and in the past it always worked