Forum Discussion

mightymix
Cover User
2 years ago

Bank File / electronic payment

Hi i payed creditors using the electronic file to do a bulk pay with in bank account.  However before i loaded it into the bank i noticed i payed 1 x credit incorrectly.  I went into this creditor and deleted the payment, then  i processed the electronic payment, this was reflected correctly with the creditor i did not want to pay not showing.  Therefore what was paid via the bank was correct however i now have a negative payment for this creditor sitting in prepare electronic payments.  The amount that is sitting under bank feeds to process is the correct amount that was paid however the electronic file that is sitting under the journal is the incorrect amount as it still includes the creditor that i deleted the payment for (even though i did no pay this creditor).  The Balance owing for the creditor is correct too.  What do i need to do to have the electronic payment jnl reflect correctly ? 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi mightymix 

Thanks for your post. The post, Reversals in the Prepare electronic payments window, has instructions for handling this situation.

If you still need assistance with this can you provide the following information:

• did you delete or reverse the original electronic payment transaction?
    • how many payment transactions are listed in the Reconcile accounts window?
    • did you delete or reverse the Pay bills transaction?

Screenshots would be great, make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.