Forum Discussion

Butch_Dixon
Experienced User
2 months ago

Combining Duplicate Customer Cards

I have got over a thousand duplicate customer cards. What is the quickest way of comnbining the duplicates? 

Using the combine card method, merging 2 cards is taking over 5 mins at the moment. 

3 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Butch_Dixon,

Thanks for your post. We currently have a single process for combining cards. For more information, please refer to this help article.Combining cards

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them on our product ideas page for consideration in future updates: Product Ideas

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
    Earl

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Butch_Dixon 

Perhaps try MYOX Services - they might be able to amalgamate the totals of both cards and delete one of them in bulk. They do a lot of similar things like deleting cards/items etc on bulk.

Regards

Gavin

Butch_Dixon
        Experienced User

Hey thanks Gavin, actually already talking to them about deleting all my inactive customers. Unfortunately they don't have a bulk card solution.

Recommend anyone with a big file to talk to them. Found out so much info. Did not realise the size constraints on performance.