Forum Discussion

ACOT500
Contributing User
5 days ago

Customized form not printing

Hi,

Sorry to bother you but I have a bit of a weird issue on Myob Cloud with regards to a Customized form having some very weird issues printing.

We have one machine that connects like all the others to the cloud file, that has major issues with printing any customized forms and/or editing them.

When we print any customized form from the Myob file (on one machine), it's massive in size (seen by preview before printing), which the new printer seems to be rejecting. This computer could print to the old printer. (There are no settings on any driver that I can find at the moment for his new printer that force the document to fit the items to the page.)

We've exported the form from a computer which can open the “said” form without issues (and also print it and it works fine) to this machine and the new imported working form still does the same on this machine.

We've also tested printing the Myob generic form one, on this machine which does still show as an a4 page which works fine.

If we “save as” the generic one which does work without making any changes to it, it saves to the system like the other forms which then has masses and masses of space and then does not print again.

At the point we're grasping at straws and just can't understand why Myob is causing such massive space in the forms on his machine but no one else's. This machine does have a very large monitor but I'm sure that couldn’t be pulling anything in via myob with regard to page sizes etc.

We've removed and also re-installed Myob which hasn’t helped and changed the printer driver to others which hasn’t worked. (the Microsoft IPP class driver got the closest to printing something out but it was all garbage).

Wondering if you had any ideas on anything that you may have seen similar to this maybe?

I can only assume it was working fine on his machine previously due to the older printer being able to maybe shrink pages to fit 100% of page printing to.

Regards,

Gavin

• Hi Mike,

MYOB have solved the problem.

The computer region setting was set to Austria. Once we changed it to Australia, the issue was solved.

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

HI ACOT500,

Looks like the issue might be specific to that particular machine and its interaction with the printer, or it could be related to the form itself. To get to the bottom of this, you'll need to reach out directly to our support team for deeper troubleshooting. You can connect with them by creating a support ticket via myaccount.myob.com or use one of the various support options here. This will involve testing old computers, old printers, new computers, and new printers with both the old and new forms to pinpoint the cause. 

But here's a first step you can try: recreate the customised form on the new computer and preview it to see if it still creates those massive sizes or spaces. Then, test the old computer with the new printer using the new customised form to check if it works fine.

Cheers,

Princess

ACOT500
    Contributing User

Thank you Princess,

The issue arose when we upgraded our printer, and loaded the new printer driver. I was able to print to the old printer from MYOB, but not after the new printer installation.

All my other programs are able to print. The only program that I am having a problem with is MYOB.

After the printer and driver upgrade, we uninstalled MYOB, and reinstalled MYOB. 

Deleted all the custom forms, and recreated them on this machine. Once saved, the problem arose again. I can print when using the standard MYOB forms.

We then deleted the custom forms, and recreated them from another computer. Same issue.

All our other computers, laptops and phones, can print the custom forms. Just not my computer.

Regards,

Gavin

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi ACOT500,

Based on your description, it seems that the problem is specific to custom forms on your computer after the printer and driver upgrade. I recommend double-checking that the printer driver is correctly installed. Sometimes, the driver might not be fully compatible or properly installed, which can cause issues with specific applications like MYOB. It might be a good idea to consult with an IT person when doing this to ensure everything is set up correctly.

Also, make sure you're using the latest version of MYOB and that the printer settings within MYOB are configured to use the new printer.

Cheers,

Princess

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi ACOT500 , out of interest, what make of computer and which OS? What make of printer and model?

(Added) If you print the forms to PDF (or a PDF printer), do they print correctly? 

If you sign in to MYOB with a different user on this computer, do the forms print correctly?

If you add another Windows login user to this computer, sign in and repeat the print tests, do they print correctly? 

ACOT500
    Contributing User

Hi Mike,

I have a custom build computer for 3D work.

Printer is a Kyocera ECOSYS MA3500CIX

(Added) If you print the forms to PDF (or a PDF printer), do they print correctly? No, the forms are still huge

Even signing into MYOB with a different user does not work.

Another Windows login does not solve the problem.

The new printer, and MYOB system was installed by an IT professional, who is also stumped by this issue.

Regards,

Gavin

Mike_James
      Ultimate Partner

Hi Gavin, nice hardware. I took the same custom path with my desktop machine, can't believe how good the performance is versus the MacBook+Parallels+Win11 combination I was using.

The Kyocera does appear to have a "shrink oversize pages" option (see attached extracted from operations manual).

Try another print, and then immediately grab the diagnostic log and attach it to a reply; could be some clues in there.

ACOT500
    Contributing User

Hi Mike,

MYOB have solved the problem.

The computer region setting was set to Austria. Once we changed it to Australia, the issue was solved.