Forum Discussion

Newcraft
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Data Invalid Error when Updating Sales Invoices

Hi,

For the past month we have been unable to change, amend or update sales invoices. We are receiving a "DataInvalid" error if we try to make changes after they have been converted to an invoice. This prevents us from adding, deleting, changing data and even deleting entire invoices. It appears to happen on random invoices and not all of them.

I can confirm that our security settings are set up to allow us to be able to make changes to transactions.

Can you please advise why this is occuring and how this can be fixed?

Thanks

Broc

• Hi Newcraft

I've had a script run over your file, can you please close down the software and re open it. Do you still get the datainvalid message ?

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Newcraft

Thanks for your post. Generally a datainvalid error can indicate t here are duplicate entries in your background of the database, so I can check this for you if your file is online can you please confirm the last 4 digits of your product serial number and the file ID of the file that you're having issues with (This can be found by going to Help > About MYOB AccountRight).

Newcraft
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Melisa_D,

Ok thanks. The last 4 digits of our serial number is 3073 and the file ID is 1.

Cheers,

Broc

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Newcraft

I've had a script run over your file, can you please close down the software and re open it. Do you still get the datainvalid message ?

Do let me know how you go. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.