Forum Discussion

nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

DELETE A SETTLED CREDIT - CUSTOMER

An amount of $20,385.00 was received into our account in payment of an invoice.  It was banked. I received the payment against an invoice for $28, 573.90.  As there were no further funds forthcoming, I wrote off the balance of $8,188.90, settled the credit and applied it to the invoice - balance owing nil.

Later in the day I became aware that the $20,385.00 was actually two separate amounts and I should have only receipted $20,000.00 (the $385.00 was a separate cash payment from someone else) and should have written off $8,573.90. 

I then deleted the Receipt of $20,385 and thought I would re-enter it.  However, the settled credit is still in the system.  Is there a way to delete the settled credit so that I can receive the payment correctly and write off the full amount?

Please help.

• Hi nicole7247 

A Settle Returns and Credits transaction can be deleted by navigating to the required transaction and selecting Delete Transaction. The transaction that you are looking for would be the Settle Returns and Credits transaction. This is typically located via opening the invoice that the transaction has been applied to and selecting History... (bottom left of the Enter Sales window)

By deleting that Settle Returns and Credits transaction it will make that invoice the transaction originally applied to as open so payments can be made on it if required.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi nicole7247 

A Settle Returns and Credits transaction can be deleted by navigating to the required transaction and selecting Delete Transaction. The transaction that you are looking for would be the Settle Returns and Credits transaction. This is typically located via opening the invoice that the transaction has been applied to and selecting History... (bottom left of the Enter Sales window)

By deleting that Settle Returns and Credits transaction it will make that invoice the transaction originally applied to as open so payments can be made on it if required.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.