Forum Discussion

3 days ago

Duplicate Purchase Order Numbers

Account Right is duplicating purchased order numbers every now and then.  There is no method to the madness.  Why is the software provider allowing this to happen? Is it a glitch in the software?

I have changed my preferences in the desk top version to provide a warning with both invoice numbers and purchase order numbers but I don't know where to update the preferences in the online version.  Please help!

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AreTeeDee

The issue of AccountRight duplicating purchase order numbers can indeed be frustrating. This problem might be related to the software's auto-numbering system, which can sometimes reset or malfunction, leading to duplicate numbers. To avoid duplicate purchase order numbers in AccountRight, you can go to Setup >> Preferences >> Purchases and tick the box that says, 'Warn for Duplicate'. This setting will help you reject duplicate transactions by providing a warning whenever a duplicate purchase order number is detected.

If you continue to experience issues with duplicate purchase order numbers despite these settings, it might be a glitch in the software. In such cases, contacting our support team for further assistance would be advisable. You can reach out to the support team through live chat (via the virtual assistant MOCA) or by raising a support ticket through myaccount.myob.com.

Regards,
    Earl

• As I said in my comment above, I have already re-set the preferences on my desk top version but I don't know how to re-set the preferences on the online version?