Forum Discussion

KerryW1
Trusted Cover User
2 years ago

Editing Payments

Has something upgraded over the weekend ?

I can no longer delete payments on the PC version of Account Right , their is no Edit button?  I was forced to go to the web version ( which I find confusing !) to be able to delete it .

Are you forcing us onto the Web version ?

• Hi KerryW1 

There has been no change to the AccountRight desktop application in relation to customer payments and deleting transactions.

I would assume that the payment was a customer deposit payment which is prevented from being deleted or reversed in the Desktop application due to Transfer from deposit transactions being involved. See Help Article: Customer deposits for more information on that topic. With respect to the browser interface, provided you opened the Sales Journal entry to that payment you could actually delete that customer deposit. This is an advantage that the browser has over the desktop application.

KerryW1
      Trusted Cover User

No I had to alter a payment amount that I had put through, so I needed to cancel/delete the cheque payment and re enter, but there is no delete or edit button on the PC version.  

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi KerryW1 

So we can investigate further would you mind providing us a screenshot of the history of that invoice? This can be found using the following method - Opening the Invoice>>Selecting the History... button (next to the Applied to Date amount). We are after that Find Transactions window.