Forum Discussion

leibholdqpbc
Experienced User
4 years ago

Have items enabled on time billing but order reverts to item layout

I have a re-occurring order/invoice which has items on it.
Have enabled "I Include Utems on Time Billing Invoices"

I edit the reoccuring order/invoice from item to time billing layout.
It warns and blanks all the lines.
I save the items lines and information.
I save the entry and the layout is time billing

If I then go back into that reoccuring sales order, the layout has reverted to item
And interestingly enough the lines are not blanked.

If I create a brand new sale order, setup as Time Billing, save as reoccuring, it reverts to item

Steven_M
    4 years ago

Hi leibholdqpbc 

The changing of the layout of those transactions is something that we have raised with the required team for investigation. As yet, we don't have a timeframe for resolution.

It should be noted that my previous post was to help identify what situation you are currently in i.e. is the layout updating due to that first line or are we dealing with a new previously unreported situation.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi leibholdqpbc 

What is listed in the first line of that time billing invoice? To ensure that the transaction does save as a time billing invoice that first line does need to be an activity-based line. Having that line set to be an item will convert that invoice into an item-based one when saved as a recurring or when recorded.

leibholdqpbc
      Experienced User

Arbitrarily changing the selected format layout of a order/sale is not acceptable in any terms.
      More amazing is your acceptance that this is ok
      I used time billing with items for all sales and this worked in version 19 WITHOUT some dodgy workaround by putting a time billing item in the first line
      The way MYOB passes off bugs as normal operations is annoying

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi leibholdqpbc 

The changing of the layout of those transactions is something that we have raised with the required team for investigation. As yet, we don't have a timeframe for resolution.

It should be noted that my previous post was to help identify what situation you are currently in i.e. is the layout updating due to that first line or are we dealing with a new previously unreported situation.