Forum Discussion

Kkulk
User
3 years ago
Solved

How to match part amount to an invoice and allocate part amount to an account

Hello,   I receive a lumpsum deposit from EFTPOS at the end of the day comprising of EFTPOS transactions for that day. Sometimes I have a client that requests an invoice for the payment that they m...
    3 years ago

Hi Kkulk 

Thanks for your post. The common way to handle this situation in Essentials is to use a clearing account. If you have the Undeposited Funds account in your software you can use that or you can create a clearing account by clicking on your business name>>Accounts list>>Add new.  The clearing account needs to be an asset account with the Type set as Banking.

You then record the Take Payments and Receive Money transactions, changing the Deposit into account to the clearing account:

At the end of the day you record a Transfer funds transaction, transferring the lump sum amount from the Undeposited funds account to the bank account:

The Undeposited funds should be cleared back to zero and the lump sum can be reconciled in bank feeds.

If you were to allocate the lump sum in bank feeds and record a Take payment transaction you would be recording two transactions for the same amount so your income would be doubled.

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.