Forum Discussion

Janine-CFW
Contributing Cover User
9 months ago

keep quote number when converting to invoice

Hi.  I issue quotes which later become invoices.  I used to be able to keep the same quote number when converting to invoice, but this doesn't seem to be an option anymore?  

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janine-CFW,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand that you wanted to keep the quote number when converting it to invoice. In this regard, to keep the same invoice number when converting a quote or order to an invoice, you will need to go to Setup >>Preferences >> Retain Original Invoice Number when Quotes Change to Orders or Invoices. 

To turn a quote to an Invoice:

• Go to Sales menu and choose quotes.
    • Click the quote you want to turn into an invoice. The Quote page appears, showing the quote details.
    • Click Convert invoice 
    • Make any required changes to the invoice, and click save, or click Email Invoice to send it to the customer. 

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance with this, please feel free to post again. We are happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Janine-CFW,

I hope this message finds you well. I would just like to check back with you regarding your concern. If you still require assistance with this, please do not hesitate to create a new post. We are happy to assist.  

Kind Regards, 

Cel