Forum Discussion

PhilC001
Contributing User
3 years ago

MYOB AccountRight ongoing unaddressed issues

There is no appropriate "Location" to select for the issues that I am encountering and have been for many years. In bullet points, here are the issues:

• Price List Detail Report continues to be incorrect, despite making MYOB aware of this.
  • Preferences - Sales: Print Packing Slip when invoices are printed invoices are printed is ticked. Yet, every single time we go to print invoices we have to select "1" as quantity of packing slips to print. This should default to one when set up in prefernces is made.

The above are simple issues to fix, with the price list detail report being a clear software issue. MYOB has been made aware of these yet fialed to correct. After more than two hours on the phone to tech support yesterday I was told that my file would need to be in the cloud so that a script that MIGHT fix the issue can be run. 

Today I try to speak to management in Melbourne to be told that they no longer have direct phone numbers. The only way to possibly get in touch with management is to post on this forum. Brilliant service!

Given the recent notification of increased monthly subscriptions (effective some tim next month) I am wondering where the value is in paying these - given that after so many years the soft3eware would have been purchased outright by now.

Update: This morning I rang to speak to billing. I ultimately want to speak to management in AU. Billing transferred me to credit control. Nicole was very polite and told me that there were 30 something consultants available to take calls in Australia. She transferred me - back to tech suipport in Manilla. Same team that (whilst extremely polite and helpful) could not resolve the issue yesterday. So, thus far another 35 minutes wasted on the phone. 

I'm not sure if I am out of line, but I'm wondering where the hell the cusotmer service is that we are forced to pay a monthly subscription for?

• Hi PhilC001 

I'm sorry to hear about this. As your file is offline it will need to come into our Data file repair team to fix the issue with the Price list report. If you can send me the following information in a private message I'll be happy to arrange that for you:

• serial number
    • Company file ID (Help>>About MYOB AccountRight)
    • primary contact name and email
    • screenshot of the price list report
    • details on the incorrect items

The other option would be to put that file online and we can run a script to resolve that issue.

With regard to printing packing slips, I have passed your feedback on to the relevant teams.

PhilC001
      Contributing User

Thanks Tracey,

After another 2 hours on the phone to support yesterday I was finally told this. The problem now is that three company files have been uploaded to be fixed and obviously whilst that is happening the companies can not trade.

Unfortunately these issues seem typical with MYOB - based on other community posts, this is a known problem and one that I would think could be fixed in software updates. Yet, after using MYOB for many years I am still to see an update that actually fixes any problem.  It is quite baffling really because with a few very quick and easy improvements MYOB could truly be a great software package. It seems that users feedback is never acted upon.