Forum Discussion

ai_ling
Contributing User
2 years ago

No Edit Access

Hi team,

I have admin rights to MYOB Accountright, however I am unable to record purchases and sales. There is no option to "Record". The "Enter Sales" / "Enter Purchases" window shows as "Read - only". Please help resolve this urgently! I have been trying to contact the support team for 3 days now and there has been no response.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi ai_ling 

Thank you for the information. 

Are you able to enter other type of transactions? If you can't enter any type of transactions, then check if the file is in the Read-Only mode, you can go to Help > Confirm company file to reactivate it (provided the file isn't cancelled/de-activated).

If you can enter other type of transaction but not sales/purchases, then the user ID you are logged in with does not have full access to the file functions. Please log in with the user ID 'Administrator' and its password when opening the company file then try again, or have another user logging in with the 'Administrator' user ID then double check the role assigned to your user ID. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

ai_ling
      Contributing User

Hi,

I am able to do other transactions and I have admin access too. My senior who had extended access to me is also facing the same issue of not able to record purchase and sale, but is able to record other transactions.

I am not able to locate where is the problem.

Please help

CloverQ wrote:

Hi ai_ling 

Thank you for the information. 

Are you able to enter other type of transactions? If you can't enter any type of transactions, then check if the file is in the Read-Only mode, you can go to Help > Confirm company file to reactivate it (provided the file isn't cancelled/de-activated).

If you can enter other type of transaction but not sales/purchases, then the user ID you are logged in with does not have full access to the file functions. Please log in with the user ID 'Administrator' and its password when opening the company file then try again, or have another user logging in with the 'Administrator' user ID then double check the role assigned to your user ID. 

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

CloverQ
        Former Staff

Hi ai_ling 

Thank you for the update. 

Is the company file you are accessing online? If so, there are two level of access you need to use:

1. Online access, this is done by logging in using your email address & password.

2. File access, after entering email address & password then select the desired company file to open, you'll need to enter an User ID & its password. This ID determines your permissions to different functions within the company file. 

By default each company file has the user ID ' Administrator', it starts with no password. So as mentioned, when you or your senior open the company file, please be sure to enter the user ID 'Administrator' & its password. Once in, go to Setup > User access, select the relevant user ID from the left, then check the role(s) ticked for that user ID. For the user ID 'Administrator' I'd suggest only tick the Administrator role and nothing else. 

If you only need to enter email address when logging in to the online file, it's because that the person invited you to the online file  has linked an user ID to your my.MYOB email address, and you don't need to enter user ID during log in. In this case, please do have the person set up your access to log in using Administrator user ID to check roles assigned.