Forum Discussion

TyperightServic
Contributing Partner
3 years ago
Solved

Payment methods - how to either delete or make inactive

Hi all,

I know how to actually delete a payment method however one of my clients has multiple payment methods which they don't use (although at some stage each and everyone has been used hence can't delete them off) and would like to have only 3 or 4 showing.  I was wondering if there is any way to make them inactive (besides putting a Z in front as this still shows on the list) so that their staff can only choose either Cash, Card, Cheque, Online.

Thanks for any help

Ann

• Hi TyperightServic 

Unfortunately, if the payment method you are trying to delete has been used on a transaction it isn’t able to be deleted and will produce an error message if you try and delete the payment method. The only workaround is altering the name of the payment method by putting z as you already mentioned.

Please feel free to post should you have further questions or suggestions. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TyperightServic 

Unfortunately, if the payment method you are trying to delete has been used on a transaction it isn’t able to be deleted and will produce an error message if you try and delete the payment method. The only workaround is altering the name of the payment method by putting z as you already mentioned.

Please feel free to post should you have further questions or suggestions. 

TyperightServic
      Contributing Partner

Thank you Komal_S that's what I thought just unfortunate that they still show in list, guess will just need to educate users more lol.