Forum Discussion

Shunya
Contributing User
2 years ago

Receipt scanning

I would like employees to be able to take photos of their receipts (i.e. petrol) paid by the company's debit card, using an app and for them to directly record into our MYOB system or equivalent.

At the moment our accounting man enters every single reciept manually to MYOB but I feel this manual process must be done almost automatically.

Does MYOB have the capability to do this?  If not, can anyone recommend an app that talks to MYOB?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Shunya

Thanks for your post. We do have the MYOB Capture app which allows your to take a photo of your receive and send it to your AccountRight In Tray. Information on this is available on our Help Article Using the MYOB Capture app

Do let me know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Shunya
      Contributing User

Hi Melisa,

Thank you for your post for my issue. We actually tried the MYOB Capture before however the issue we had was that the App will only save a picture of the receipt in the specific tray on MYOB and that was all it did. Here is the actual comment from our accounting guy:

"And I found out that with this app, it will send the pictures to the In Tray in MYOB purchase.

Also do not know how many users can use this app.

It will basically save the bills images in the MYOB In Tray and I have to fill in the details.

Also Let's say our state managers send the pictures of 20 invoices of their Mastercard expenses through this MYOB capture app, it will save 20 individual images of invoice in MYOB In Tray and have to go one by one and record it in MYOB. 

And I will not know who sent those invoices until they have written their names in the bills."

So does this App scan and read the text on the receipt so he does not need to fill in the details?

Melisa_D
        Former Staff

Hi Shunya

The MYOB Capture app will only send through the captured receipts to your In Tray, there is a new matching feature however which will use the amount and date on the captured receipt and finds any spend money transactions that match. More information on this is linked to the Help Article above. 

You can use the MYOB Capture scanned photos available in the In Tray to create new bills, link to existing bills or transactions. However this would be done manually. 

Additionally, we do have our MYOB App Marketplace which has a list of third party add ons that connect to our software. You may find an alternative app you are after here.