Forum Discussion

ELVS
Contributing Cover User
11 months ago

Set item prices based on standard cost

Hello

1. Buying - Is there a way to bulk update cost/purchases prices without export/import?

2. Selling - Is there a way to bulk update sales prices using the standard cost rather than average cost or last cost?
    Without exporting to excel and importing (with the time and issues involved - I am familiar with this).
    Set Item Prices is under the Inventory tab in AR.

3. Selling - We use price levels/quantitiy breaks for some items. Can I please request a button to update all price levels to the base selling price for selected items (or a button in the item information screen for each item as I have to manually update the base selling price anyway due to point 2 above).
    At present is a big chore to go through and manually update all price levels to the base selling price.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ELVS,

Thank you so much for your post and for the detailed information. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. In AccountRight, standard cost is the tax inclusive purchase price of an inventory item. You can set this cost as the default price for purchases, instead of the last purchase price. You can change this cost manually on each purchase. If you would like a default price to be entered on purchases for an item, rather than the last purchase price (which can vary), you can activate a preference that will force this behavior. 
    To activate the standard cost preference

To activate the standard cost preference

1. Go to the Setup menu and choose Preferences.
    2. Click the Inventory tab.
    3. Select the option Use Standard Cost as the Default Price on Purchase Orders and Bills.
      Preferences window with standard cost option selected
    4. Click OK

I would also recommend to visit this help article that will give you more information about: Bulk update item prices and Setting item prices

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl