Forum Discussion

Robyn-Live
Contributing User
2 days ago

Amend filed STP to Nil

Hi, I need to reverse STP filed. I tried doing this. Even though I reverse transaction and sent that to ATO. Verification report is not matched with STP amount. 

whatever I reverse the payroll it reported as nil amount to ATO.

Please advise how to amend STP. I need to reverse all payroll reported.

Thanks.

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hello Robyn-Live,

The amounts recorded in the Single Touch Payroll (STP) system will not be removed, even if pay runs have been reversed. These figures will remain in the STP reporting window. As long as the payroll reports and the Year-to-Date (YTD) amounts are correct, there is no need for concern. To remove a filed STP amount, you can reverse the pay run. If you still need further assistance, our support team is just around the corner. You can reach out to them via our virtual assistant MOCA or by submitting a support case via MyAccount.

Best regards,

Doreen

Robyn-Live
    Contributing User

Thanks Doreen for your quick reply. 

What I want to try to do is that lets' say there are $2,000 wages and $200 PAYG for one employee in July and Aug 24 respectively in STP filed. I want to cancel them and not file anything and no stp finalisation for 24-25 because the amount will be reconciled to director loan onwards. Even though I did reverse transaction payroll activity report shows the correct amount but STP amount still has not changed. How to remove filed stp amount?

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hey Robyn-Live,

When it comes to YTD verification report that has different amount with the STP report, you can check your payroll reports such as Payroll Register and Payroll Activity. If the figures are showing correct figures, then you're all good. Reversed pay runs are showing as nil amounts to the ATO because the reversal process is designed to negate the original pay run amounts. When you reverse a pay run, the system creates a transaction that effectively cancels out the original pay run, resulting in a net zero amount. This is why the reversal is reported as a nil amount to the ATO. To reverse a pay run, you can follow the steps below.

• Open the pay run you need to reverse.
    • Choose "Reverse Transaction" from the Edit menu.
    • Click "Record."
    • After reversing the transaction, send the reversal to the ATO. This will report as a nil amount.

Here's a link that you can check when reversing a pay.

Best regards,

Doreen