Forum Discussion

MBJackie
Contributing Cover User
8 months ago
Solved

App not allowing Leave to be entered

Hello

My staff all use the Teams App but for the past week when they attempt to enter a leave request it doesnt allow them to enter a reason (the screen is blank with no option to enter text), and therefore says there is an error and it cant be submitted.  They have reinstalled the app but it still doesnt work.  How do i fix this?

• Hi MBJackie

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your staff is facing issues with entering leave requests in the MYOB Teams app where the reason field is blank, and it results in an error. I understand how this can be frustrating. However, there are some troubleshooting steps you may take to help you resolve this:

• Make sure that the employee has been assigned the leave entitlement to their employee card, or else the reason will not appear.
    • Once checked and able to confirm that employees are entitled to leave, advise the employee to uninstall and then reinstall the application.

If this doesn't work, first I suggest checking for app updates and ensuring that the MYOB team apps they're using are up to date. Second, clear the app cache, sometimes cached data in the MYOB team app might be causing the problem. Lastly, you may delete the location, create a new location, and re-invite employees again. Please refer to this Help article for further information.

Please let me know how you go along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help!

Cheers,

Princess

3 Replies

• Hi MBJackie

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your staff is facing issues with entering leave requests in the MYOB Teams app where the reason field is blank, and it results in an error. I understand how this can be frustrating. However, there are some troubleshooting steps you may take to help you resolve this:

• Make sure that the employee has been assigned the leave entitlement to their employee card, or else the reason will not appear.
    • Once checked and able to confirm that employees are entitled to leave, advise the employee to uninstall and then reinstall the application.

If this doesn't work, first I suggest checking for app updates and ensuring that the MYOB team apps they're using are up to date. Second, clear the app cache, sometimes cached data in the MYOB team app might be causing the problem. Lastly, you may delete the location, create a new location, and re-invite employees again. Please refer to this Help article for further information.

Please let me know how you go along and if you require any further assistance with this. I'm here to help!

Cheers,

Princess

• This is happening now. I want to book a day in and it comes up blank

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi mulk2011,

Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To clarify, are you encountering a blank screen when attempting to input a leave reason? If that's the case, could you kindly verify if you've undertaken the troubleshooting steps outlined below?

• Ensure that the leave entitlement has been allocated to the employee's card. Otherwise, the reason will not be displayed.
      • After confirming that employees have leave entitlements, suggest that they uninstall and then reinstall the application.
      • Check for any available updates and make sure that the MYOB team apps in use are current.
      • Clear the app cache, as occasionally, cached data in the MYOB team app could be the source of the issue.
      • Delete the existing location, create a new one, and then re-invite the employees.

I hope these steps help resolve the issue. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess