Forum Discussion

3 years ago
Solved

Change of ABN and STP Tax File Declaration

Hi,

Due to restructuring the ABN of our comapny is changing.  If we choose to change the ABN of our existing company file, under STP phase 2, will our employee Tax File Numbers be sent to the ATO with our new ABN when the first pay run is processed after the change?

I'm assuming that's how it will work, just want to be sure so we know if we need to fill out Tax File Declarations. 

• hi

Sorry not that easy, I am having all sorts of issues, there is a sequence you need to follow I suggest you ring MYOB  :)

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Fox-20
    Contributing Cover User

hi

Sorry not that easy, I am having all sorts of issues, there is a sequence you need to follow I suggest you ring MYOB  :)

SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi agreiner 

Welcome to the Community Forum. From my understanding, after changing the ABN, the new ABN will be sent to the ATO in your next STP Report, and the report does include both ABN and TFN. 

Here is our help article on how to change your ABN for STP Reporting: Updating Single Touch Payroll details.

As for doing another TFN Declaration, I recommend that you check with your accounting advisor or the ATO if this is required.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.