Forum Discussion

KerryDe
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000239 - not tax ready when STP finalised

Hi I have a small handfull of employees (ex  employees actually, not current) complaining our data is not tax ready in mygov.  I have tried unfinalising them and refinalising them, however the STP r...
    Interchange1
    2 years ago

Hi 

Not sure if this helps but this was my situation.

My EOFY STP didn't balance.  I contacted MYOB and was told to activate terminated employees in MYOB (take out their termination date), run a 0 payroll for them all send to ATO (I was told not touch the STP terminations) .  This worked to balance all my reporting and I had ticks next to everyone to say they had been finalised.  I then started receiving phone calls from terminated employees saying they were not tax ready.  I contacted MYOB again and they said because we had ticks against everyone that it was good from MYOB's end.

I contacted the ATO and did some comparisons against our Summary of Payments to the information they had.  They didn't match, the zero payroll had been accepted by the ATO with error, but it hadn't updated at their end.

I then went into Employee Terminations in STP reporting centre, undid all the employees for last financial year, re-added their termination, re-entered their Termination date with a Termination reason.

I then repeated the MYOB 0 payroll run (with June 30 dates) by making them active and taking out their termination dates in MYOB.  Once I had run the payroll and reported it to STP, I contacted one of the workers and everything had gone through.  No changes to ticks on EOFY finalisation page.  Painful for 32 employees, but I can forget about it now!

Good Luck

Amanda