Forum Discussion

LaniOUP
Experienced Cover User
5 years ago
Solved

Compassionate Leave

Hi

I'm looking for detailed step by for setting up Compassionate Leave in MYOB but can only find basic summary instructions in some previous posts. 

Is anyone aware of more detailed instructions elsewhere? 

Thanks

Lani

• Hey LaniOUP,

Thanks for the post.

I am linking you to an article that walks you through how to create leave categories and entitlements- Leave and entitlements. If you need to know specific information (such as rate of pay) for compassionate leave, I would suggest contacting Fair Work Australia or your accountant.

I hope this helps! Please sing out if you need any more assistance with this.

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey LaniOUP,

Thanks for the post.

I am linking you to an article that walks you through how to create leave categories and entitlements- Leave and entitlements. If you need to know specific information (such as rate of pay) for compassionate leave, I would suggest contacting Fair Work Australia or your accountant.

I hope this helps! Please sing out if you need any more assistance with this.

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

LaniOUP 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Compassionate & Bereavement Leave as well as Family and Domestic Violence Leave are what you call Running Down types of leave where a employee starts with X amount and any leave taken, is taken off the total during the year and at the beginning of the next year the starting total is reinstated. It does not accrue like Holiday or Personal Leave, and does not carry forward either.

There is a very good MYOB SUPPORT NOTE on "Running Down Method of sick leave" which give detailed instructions on how to set it up, which you should have a read of.