Forum Discussion

HayB
Contributing User
3 months ago

Deleting a duplicate pay run

I was processing pays for 27 staff and when I tried to record the pay it timed out. I then had to close MYOB. The pay was not there when I started MYOB again so I reentered the pay details and recorded the pays and sent to ATO. When I went to create the bank file, there were two pays for each staff member. I created the bank file with 1 pay entry for each staff member. 

I checked STP reporting and one file was sent to ATO and the other was marked "not sent". How do I remove the entries that are sitting in Prepare Electronic Payments screen.

I have tried to deleted them in the transaction journal but it will not let me.

• Hi HayB - thanks for the question.

To remove transactions from the Prepare electronic payments screen, just select them and create a bank file. You don't need to upload this bank file to the bank - so you can simply delete it.

I hope this helps!

Adrian

bunyippreschool
      Experienced User

Hi

The exact same thing happened when I was doing my pay run.  I was told it was the internet but obviously it was a MYOB glitch. I  contacted Myob and I had to go in and reverse every second transaction for each employee.  I now find that I have two entries in Prepare Electronic payments.  A negative and a positive figure for each employee.  I have tried what Adrian suggested for four previous entries in electronic payments and they are still there.  I would like a suggestion on how to remove my entries too.

Thanks

Gale