Forum Discussion

MezIndustries
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago

Double income statements

Hi

I have an employee of a business who has logged into mygov and has two income statements with exactly the same figures, one is tax ready, one is not tax ready. I know I only did the finalisation once. 

I have spoken to the ATO and they tell me the six employees all have double income statements. I have been usign the same software for years, so not caused by changing software midstream, we do not use employee IDs so that has not changed or affected anything. 

Have you heard of this before and how can I fix it so the can go ahead and do their tax returns.

thanx

Manola

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi MezIndustries 

This is odd, however in last week of June, MYOB's Payroll Reporting Centre was malfunctioning, sending duplicate information and MYOB had to shut it down to fix the issue. This might be what has caused this for you.

Also while using the same software, when users migrated to Phase 2, in earlier cases MYOB allocated new BMS IDs for Phase 2 - they stopped doing this recently - if this was the cause the 2 income statements would not have the same amounts.

You may need to get an employee with 2 income statements to check both statements to see what the BMS ID was on each statement - this might help identify cause and solution.

Regards

Gavin

MezIndustries
      Experienced Cover User

The BMS ID is different on the two statements however all the amounts are exactly the same on both.

Is there some way to retract the 'not ready' income statement or what would be the process to fix this issue.

Manola

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi MezIndustries 

Firstly you will need to record both BMS ID's exactly as they are. You also need to work out which one you are now using. Get an employee to check 2024 Income Statement - hopefully there is only one.

Then you need to either zero out the YTD amounts for the unused BMS ID (if you have access to it), or lodge an Update Event with the new BMS ID, specifying the old BMS ID as the Previous BMS ID. You would need to check with MYOB moderators which of these approaches is easiest - MYOB does not seem to have a convenient process for either approach. I have helped someone do this a few weeks ago and it was cumbersome using MYOB's approach for Previous BMS ID - and even harder to find any documentation about this. In their case their serial number changed and this triggered a new BMS ID.

Also it is important to understand how this happened - perhaps the moderator can help with that as well.

Regards

Gavin

KazDru
    Contributing Cover User

I too have had this issue and only just found out - did you get a response on how to fix it?