Forum Discussion

KLS14
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Employee changing from full time to casual employment - clearing leave entitlement balances

Hi

I have a full time employee who left and will be coming back to work on a casual basis. All leave entitlements were paid out using the Unused Annual leave category set up under wages. This does not clear the leave entitlement balance unless I put in their termination date. Am I better off starting a new employee card for when they start as casual, or is there a way to clear the leave entitlement balance without putting in a termination date.

Thank you for your help

KLS

• Hi KLS14,

Thank you for your post. 

If you have not yet entered a termination date, you could enter a leave adjustment for this employee so that the YTD balances are 0. You can then 'untick' the accrual leave items so that leave no longer accrues. 

Alternatively, you could start a new card file, however, this could result in 2 STP payment summaries for this employee come EOFY.

If you would like further assistance on how to do the adjustment, etc, please do let me know!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sam_R
    Former Staff

Hi KLS14,

Thank you for your post. 

If you have not yet entered a termination date, you could enter a leave adjustment for this employee so that the YTD balances are 0. You can then 'untick' the accrual leave items so that leave no longer accrues. 

Alternatively, you could start a new card file, however, this could result in 2 STP payment summaries for this employee come EOFY.

If you would like further assistance on how to do the adjustment, etc, please do let me know!

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

KLS14
      Contributing User

Hi Sam

Thank you for your suggestion. I ended up doing a $0 pay run and adjusted leave balance by putting in a negative number for annual leave hours to bring it back to zero. 

Now I can use the employee card and untick the accrual leave items.

Thanks for your help