Forum Discussion

Katarina1988
Cover User
2 days ago

Employee pay showing as greyed out and not showing in reconciliation

An employee has been paid and it was was correctly processed with the ATO. 

When going to reconcile the account, the employee's pay doesn't show. And when in the Transaction Journal, the pay shows as greyed out and we are unable to change it. We think it may be an issue with the payment method being listed as Electronic instead of Cheque? Which we think means it is being held up in the Prepare Electronic Payments until we change it to cheque but looks like we cannot do so unless it’s reversed. In the Prepare Electronic Payments tab, the pay in question appears but is greyed out. Her first ever pay from the previous week had no issues and it is showing on the reconciliation report. 

Could someone please advise what to do? We are reluctant to reverse the transaction in case it messes with everything and given that it has been correctly filed with the ATO.

• After further research I have managed to follow the directions on this chain Why can't I match employee pays in Bank transactions? | MYOB Community

I set up the bank file and downloaded it but haven't uploaded it to our bank as the employee has already been paid. So the transaction no longer appears in the Prepare Electronic Transactions however it is still showing as greyed out in the Transaction History and isn't showing in when reconciling. 

Is there another step I have to complete in order for it to show (without reversing it) or do I still have to reverse it and re-process it? 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Katarina1988,

Reversing the transaction can indeed complicate things, so it's best to check with your accountant before making any changes to your recorded transactions. There are a few reasons why transactions might appear grayed out. First, go to Setup > Preferences > Security and check the lock period and the transactions cannot be changed option. If it's unticked, then you would need to make sure you have the necessary roles and permissions for banking.

If transactions aren't showing up in the reconciliation window, try doing a future-dated reconciliation and then undo it to make the transaction appear. If the transaction is still missing from the reconciliation screen, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. You can contact them via live chat through the virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support request at myaccount.myob.com.

Cheers,

Princess