Forum Discussion

HoneySandra
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Employee returning after 3 years

Hi,

What is best practice for when re-employment of an old employee happens. Should I set up a new card or re-activate the old card. 

They are returning after 3 years, and I don't want payroll to show they have been employed continuously. I can make notes of course but could there be any other issues I haven't considered, if anyone has experience in this.

Thank you.

• Hi HoneySandra

Thanks for your post. You can reinstate an ex-employee by reusing their employee card. Information on how to do this is available on our Help Article Reinstating an employee

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi HoneySandra

Thanks for your post. You can reinstate an ex-employee by reusing their employee card. Information on how to do this is available on our Help Article Reinstating an employee

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

TonyLaser3D
      Cover User

Hi there,

Is it ok to create a new card for a returning employee during the financial year?

Does this means there will be 2 separate summary of payments report for the 2 separate employment periods? 

Also, when an employee has been terminated, do we have to wait until the end of the financial year before you do the "add termination" reporting?  Can we do this as you go during the financial year?

Thanks for your help.

TonyLaser3D
      Cover User

Hi Melisa,

I have a quick question.

Is it ok to create a new card for a returning employee during the financial year?

Does this means there will be 2 separate summary of payments report for the 2 separate employment periods? 

Also, when an employee has been terminated, do we have to wait until the end of the financial year before you do the "add termination" reporting?  Can we do this as you go during the financial year?

Thanks for your help.

HoneySandra
      Experienced Cover User

The problem with re-instating an old card is that you can't use the Employee self on-boarding function. Many employees move house, change bank accounts, email addresses and Super funds. There is no function to send an old employee the form asking them to change any old details and uploading to their newly re-instated card. We have to re-enter manually and check everything again.