Forum Discussion

Gillies
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

EOFY Payroll Reporting Finalisation

My payroll reporting totals for the 20/21 year do not match.  The problem is with the Verification Report total.  The amount is short the "Holiday Loading - no tax" total for all employees for the 20/21 year.  I have attached my reports for your perusual.  Thank you for your help.

**Attachment removed by Moderator**

• Hi Gillies 

Thanks for your post. I have linked below a community post by one of our moderators that walks you through how to fix this error - Reports Don't Match.

Please reach out if the troubleshooting provided in the post does not correct the issue for you.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Gillies 

Thanks for your post. I have linked below a community post by one of our moderators that walks you through how to fix this error - Reports Don't Match.

Please reach out if the troubleshooting provided in the post does not correct the issue for you.

Gillies
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Aimee,

Thanks for your response.  My Payroll Activity Report and Payroll Register do match.  The payroll category causing the problem is "Holiday loading - no tax".  As you suggested, I checked this payroll category to see if it is exempt from PAYG and it is in fact ticked as exempt.  However, is this not correct?  This payroll category is tax free.  Or is it to be unticked for reporting purposes only?

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Gillies 

The first $320 of leave loading used to be tax free, this changed in about 2012 and the full amount of leave loading payments are taxed. This is from the ATO website:

If you pay leave loading as a lump sum, you need to use Tax table for back payments, commissions, bonuses and similar payments to calculate withholding.

If you pay leave loading on a pro-rata basis, add the leave loading payment to the earnings for that period to calculate withholding.

However, if you're not sure I would recommend checking with the ATO.

From a software perspective you will need to untick that exemption and process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to report leave loading through STP.

Please let us know if you need further help.