Forum Discussion

tim10
User
5 years ago
Solved

Inventory

Up until now we have not inventoried our stock items. Given the growth in our business it is now imperative we do this. When I tick "I inventory this item' it will not allow me as there are already s...
    5 years ago

Hi tim10 

Basically you have 3 options (maybe more):

• Start a new file and set up Items with 'I Inventory'.
    • Make a backup or work on a copy of your file in case things go wrong. Export your Items. Manually renumber all existing items by placing a z in front of each ItemNumber and set as inactive. Change the setting in the export file to add 'I Inventory' and the relevant account etc. Import these as new items. You will end up with twice the number of Items, however the new items will have the same ItemNumber you originally used. You will retain all history of these items as well. If you have a large number of Items to re-number, there is a 3rd party that does this in bulk within a few hours. 
    • Get the 3rd party to delete all your items in bulk and re-import with the correct settings. The advantage of this approach is you don't end up with twice the number of Items. However you would lose some of the Item related history.

Send me a private message if you would like contact details of the 3rd party that provides this service.

Regards

Gavin