Forum Discussion

kristie1
Contributing User
11 months ago
Solved

EOFY Payroll reports and reconciliation

The YTD verification report and the Payroll Summary report match for every category except superannuation guarantee. Why would these not match? I've checked against the payroll register and activity reports and two staff members have zero super showing on the register report however activity report shows both have a super expense. Is it ok to finalise for the year if the super has been lodged/paid?

• Hi kristie1 

Thanks for your response. 

Payroll Activity Summary gets the figures from the pay runs recorded while the Payroll Register is from the employee's card file. If the Payroll Activity Summary already shows the correct figures, you can proceed in entering manually the missing figures to the employee's card file. To do this, go to Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > Payroll details > Pay History > You can change drop down option to year to date then enter the missing figures for Superannuation Guarantee. Once done, please send an update event again then check the reports again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi kristie1 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to MYOB Community Forum.

If the superannuation guarantee is not matching in YTD Verification Report and Payroll Summary Report and on other hand, it is showing as zero in Payroll Register at Payroll Activity reports, please check to ATO Reporting Category used if it was assigned correctly. Once checked and was able to confirm that it is now assigned to the correct ATO Reporting Category, you can process an update event to make sure ATO will receive the up to date figures of your employees. Once done, you can finalise then.

Please let me know how it goes,

Best regards,

Doreen

kristie1
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

Thank you for your response.

I have checked the ATO reporting category and it is assigned correctly. I've sent an update event via STP as we're on STP Phase 2, and the payroll register report is still showing a zero SG amount for two employees who are no longer employed. The payroll activity summary shows the correct SG. Not sure how to proceed.

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi kristie1 

Thanks for your response. 

Payroll Activity Summary gets the figures from the pay runs recorded while the Payroll Register is from the employee's card file. If the Payroll Activity Summary already shows the correct figures, you can proceed in entering manually the missing figures to the employee's card file. To do this, go to Card File > Cards List > Employee tab > Payroll details > Pay History > You can change drop down option to year to date then enter the missing figures for Superannuation Guarantee. Once done, please send an update event again then check the reports again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

Doreen