Forum Discussion

FrancescoB
Contributing User
18 days ago

ETP amounts not showing in STP report

Hi,

I just noticed that ETP Taxable and ETP Tax amounts for one employee are not showing in their STP report. This employee has been terminated prior us moving to MYOB, so once we have transitioned to MYOB we put those amounts in their Pay History. I am sure that I have set up the ETP categories correctly in MYOB.

I have tried submitting an adjustment pay with zero amounts and also notifying the ATO about the termination pay, but nothing happened. All other pay categories for this employee are correctly shown

I am not sure how to fix this issue. Any help?

12 Replies

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi FrancescoB

The usual reason these pay items might not appear is if the ATO reporting category used for ETP Taxable and ETP Tax amounts isn't set correctly. Double-check that these are aligned properly in MYOB. If you've recently changed the ATO reporting category, it's essential to send an update and then check the payroll reports again. You can also check the link here for more info. Hope this helps get things sorted! Let me know if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Best regards,

Doreen

FrancescoB
      Contributing User

Hi Doreen,

Thanks for your help. I was hoping that would be the solution but I think I have set up the categories correctly, as per MYOB guides about ETPs. I have attached the screenshots in case I am missing something. I have sent many updates, but still nothing. I have also tried to erase them from the employee's pay history, then send an update, then put them back there and re-send another update but nothing.

Thanks

Lw0905
        Contributing User

I am also facing the same issue as you, FrancescoB and have sent a separate post with no resolution. 

DAH57
      Experienced Cover User

i am also having a problem with this issue?

• I also have this issue, done a $0 pay for all employees, done an updated event. STP ATO reporting is correct. And when i paid the ETP it was accepted in STP but i noticed that event report only has the tax component in it not the actual ETP. Cannot figure out the issue.

DAH57
      Experienced Cover User

thank you for that, it is lovely to see that members have to solve these problems themselves even though we pay ridiculous fees for a service and MYOB is too busy to help

FrancescoB
      Contributing User

Thanks for that, and for all others that commented.

It helped a bit but I haven't solved the problem. Unfortunately my case is a bit different - this termination payment happened before we moved to MYOB, so I cannot reverse/re-do any pay because there is no pay to reverse.

I have tried again with a new pay putting zero amount, but before doing that, I changed the ETP Tax to $1, then changed the ETP Benefit type to O, then put back $0 into ETP Tax value. I submitted - what it did is, I  could see the ETP amounts coming up in the STP report for the employee, but the issue is that they come up as zero amounts

FrancescoB
    Contributing User

I submitted a ticket to MYOB support yesterday, hopefully they will get back to me soon. The fact is that we also had to process our first pay run for FY25, which means all the pay history for FY24 in the employee's card have gone - which is something that is also frustrating. I am not sure why they disappear. Ideally, we should be able to see these amounts in the employees' card for current and previous FYs

If no solution, I guess I will have no choice but to submit a pay run with correct ETP amounts, and then do a journal entry to remove them from my GL. But it will still make my Payroll Summary not agree to STP YTD report. So frustrating!

Lw0905
      Contributing User

My situation is similar in that the ETP amounts paid to the 3 employees who were terminated under a different payroll software prior to commencing MYOB payroll do not appear in STP YTD report. When I spoke to MYOB support yesterday, I was asked to send them the final payslips for those employees so that they can import in the back end.  However, when I spoke to another support person today, they did not do this and instead went through another round of creating new payroll items for ETP and run updates etc.  Frustrating to say, after over 2 hours, that did not work either.

I did not realise that the first pay run in FY2025 will clear out the pay history in the employees card file.  We will be running the first pay roll soon.

Don't know what else I can do.

FrancescoB
    Contributing User

Hi All

I fixed the issue I had by myself, although I had to accept to compromise my Payroll Detail Summary a little bit - but nothing unacceptable. If you're interested, and you have a similar issue, here is what I did step by step:

1. Create a new Wage and a new Deduction category for ETPs, but this time, mark them as NOT REPORTABLE. This way, we can use them to adjust the MYOB payroll summary without affecting the STP report.
    2. Submit a new pay run for that employee, using the new NOT-REPORTABLE payroll categories. In my case, because MYOB reports were showing the ETPs amounts but the STP was not showing them, I had to do this with negative amounts to adjust my payroll summary. Once the batch is submitted, the STP report for that employee will still show the same amount as before because those categories are not reportable.
    3. In my case, we had already paid that employee so I had to locate the payroll journal and make a general journal entry to remove the effect of the pay run (e.g., remove the electronic clearing, remove the wages etc.)
    4. Process a new pay run - this time making sure to use the correct ETPs categories (REPORTABLE ones). In my case, this would be same as step 2 above but with positive amounts. Once you put an amount in any of the ETP category, provided you have set up your ETPs correctly, you will see that an EFT Type tab will appear at the bottom of the pay, which allows you to choose which ETP it is (e.g., death, life, etc.) - if you don't get this tab, then it means your ETPs are not set up correctly so do not proceed. Once submitted this pay, then your employee STP report should finally show the correct amounts and pay categories
    5. Again, as in step 3, I had to do a journal entry to remove the effect of this pay.
    6. Check that all reports make sense - at this stage, your payroll summary report should have the same amount as the end of year STP report. The only compromise is the Register Detail report of that employee - obviously this would show weird amounts in the various affected categories, but the totals would be okay.

IMPORTANT:

1. Make sure you do those two pay runs at step 2 and step 3 in FY24 - otherwise they will be posted in FY25 and you will have to reverse them and re start.
    2. Remember that if you touch the ETP TAX manually, in MYOB, using a negative amount in the employee pay means that tax are getting deducted from that pay. For some, it may not be intuitive (I had to adjust as my previous software was showing positive amounts for PAYG)

Eventually my support ticket submitted to MYOB did not get attended to. I just couldn't wait longer for the support team to contact me and maybe waste my time doing something that wouldn't fix anything at all, unfortunately.

I'm sorry MYOB, your software is good and I have no complaints, but there are really a lot of things you should improve.

If I can be of help to any of you facing this issue, please feel free to reply to this and I will try to help