Forum Discussion

KDECI
User
10 months ago

GrossAmount Error: The derived aggregated gross YTD amount must not be a negative amount (ATO error code: CMN.ATO.PAYEVNTEMP.000389)

Hi,

Is there any fix for this error yet?

The first solution was to send and have the ATO accept with errors.

This is fine except that the prefilled amounts from STP to BAS is incorrect. I assume this means that the amounts on peoples Payment Summaries will be incorrect to at EOFY.

Another fix was to not record in the Desktop version then go to App version and sent unsent report. This still has the report accepted by the ATO with errors.

I have been looking at threads and this problem has been occuring since June 2022- more than a year. 

Can you please tell me what is being done to correct this, so the reporting process works correctly and ATO accepts without errors?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • I have found the error!!!

After reading a Xero post, it gave me a clue.

From the previous STP set up the deduction was PAYG Exempt and so was the payment amount. When I turned off PAYG exemption for the gross amount, and ran an update event, it has all corrected on the STP reports.

So relieved!

Hope this can help someone else.

Doreen_P
      MYOB Moderator

Hi, KDECI 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter any issues. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen