Forum Discussion

Wendy2018
Trusted User
4 years ago
Solved

Guide for End of Payroll Year 2020

Hi,

Is there an end of payroll year guide for AR 2020. I see there is one for Essentials.

Thanks in advance

• Hi Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post. For assistance with the EOFY we recommend you check out these help articles:

End of payroll year tasks 

End of payroll year with STP 

You might also be interested in the free self-paced online training courses we do have with regards to the Finalisation with STP and End of financial year tasks - see MYOB Academy for more information on those courses.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

19 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Wendy2018 

Thanks for your post. For assistance with the EOFY we recommend you check out these help articles:

End of payroll year tasks 

End of payroll year with STP 

You might also be interested in the free self-paced online training courses we do have with regards to the Finalisation with STP and End of financial year tasks - see MYOB Academy for more information on those courses.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

LindaLou222
      User

Hi Tracy,

I am using MYOB AR 2020.2 and the information here was for ye 2019. From what I read about this year with single touch payroll (see below) we dont have to do much at all. I tried to run a dummy payroll in July 2020 and it says you can only process this year or previous year? That doesnt make sense to me that you can process a previous year. However, I would like confirmation that we do not have to run and end of year before we can process July 2020 payroll and when will we be able to start doing this?

Thank you, Linda

Important changes for 2020

For those who have struggled through year-end in the past, you'll be pleased to know we've removed a lot of the tedious tasks, including

• installing a compliance update
      • closing the payroll year
      • manually loading new tax tables
        Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LindaLou222 

The end of year process for finalising your employees through STP hasn't changed since the 2019 EOPY so those help articles are still valid.

The changes that have been made in AccountRight 2020.2 mean that you don't need to close the payroll year or load the new tax tables. This will be done automatically by the software on the 1st July. So from the 1st July you can simply start processing July pays. You don't need to reconcile and finalise the 2019-20 payroll year in STP prior to processing July pays, just make sure it's done by the ATO deadline.

And we have also added the ability to make adjustments in the previous payroll year. This blog article has more information on all the changes we have made in the latest upgrade: AccountRight 2020.2 is now available

ring09lisa
      User

Hi tracey

Thanks for this information.  If we follow just the two reports you mentioned, is that all we have to do for end of payroll year?

I have looked at the Academy videos and not what we who are looking for the printable guide for both financial and payroll year end tasks.

Many thanks

Lisa

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi ring09lisa 

Those two help articles I provided in my previous post do have all the information and links for finalising your payroll year.

If you do have specific questions please don't hesitate to post on the forum.

PortPhillipBoat
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Tracey

Where can you find the Allowance report for the end of payroll year?  I need to add this to the Gross report to check on the Jobkeeper payments, yet i can't find a report anywhere or do I have to go to each employee under EOFY Finalisation and print off a report to check?  

The End of Year Report doesnt tally with the Payroll Activity Summary however the  Payroll Activinty Summary does tally with what I have reported to the ATO as per my reporting on the ATO Buisiness Portal

Thanks Alison