Forum Discussion

CashKat
Trusted Cover User
6 years ago
Solved

How do you make adjustments to a Finalisation when the year has been rolled over?

The file was rolled over so a new pay run could be done.

Finalisation has been done. Turns out there was an error and a reversed and relodge didn't happen and it's short filed the wages in the finalisation. I have been told I need to do another $0 pay run to push the figures across again.

Payroll Register is all correct, so it's purely a reporting issue.

Normally I'd work off the back up file but I can't....because it's not logged in.

How do I fix this?

• Hey CashKat,

Apologies if I have misunderstood, I am trying to rule out all possibilities for this error as usually you are able to do this even if the file is offline.

Can you please send me a Private Message with the following details so I can look into this further for you:

Note- Please provide these details from the backup you are using.

• Serial Number:
    • Company File ID (Help> About MYOB AccountRight) :
    • Email address being used for STP reporting:
    • A screenshot of the error message you are seeing

Talk soon.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey CashKat,

Thanks for your question.

If you are needing to make changes after a finalisation, you can reverse it by following the steps on this help article- End of year finalisation with STP reporting. After completing this, you can make the changes that you need and then finalise the relevant employees again.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post again if you still have questions.

**If this response has been useful, please click the "Accept As Solution" button to help other users find this information.**

CashKat
      Trusted Cover User

After completing this, you can make the changes that you need and then finalise the relevant employees again.

My issue is with completeing the adjustments required to then refinalise. I understand the finalisation process.

How do I push through STP adjustments using a backup of the file in question? It's not online...it's a back up

Maxine_BC
        Former Staff

Hey CashKat,

If you have already made the changes you are wanting, you can just Complete a $0 pay run to pull the new figures across to the ATO (you can do this as normal from a back up, even if it is offline).

I hope this helps you answers your question, please let me know if you have any more questions.