Forum Discussion

Keith_W
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

How to correct a Salary Sacrifice amount

Due to an oversight, Salary Sacrifice for one employee was set to be a POSITIVE amount rather than a NEGATIVE for several pays. This resulted in increased pay for the employee & a negative balance in the Sal Sac account. How do I correct the error without disadvantaging the employee? Do I correct it incrementally by increasing the Sal Sac amount in each future pay until it cancels the underpayment? Can it be corrected by running a single 'zero' pay with the corrected amount amount in the Sal Sac category? 

Appreciate your help.....

• Hello Keith_W 

Apologies for overlooking that; additional attention would need to be paid to the PAYG amounts in reconciling this for Salary Sacrifice. I would suggest refering to this former post on the forum from another user with the same scenario, who received a detailed suggestion as to how to handle that scenario. 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Emily_B
    Former Staff

Hello Keith_W 

Generally speaking, if there are only a couple incorrect pays, it is best to delete and re-enter these. However if there are multiple incorrect transactions, it may be easier to make correcting entries as you have indicated. The best way to do this is a combination of what you have proposed: incremental $0 pays. In other words, you will need to enter a $0.00 pay for the employee against each month in which the wrong amount of super was paid. Please see this Help Article: Checking and adjusting superannuation, for full instructions on this process.

Keith_W
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Emily - thanks for your advice.

The instructions, however, are for the Super Guarantee, & my problem is with Salary Sacrificed amounts which impact PAYGW. 

Can you confirm that the instructions are the same for both?

Thanks

Emily_B
        Former Staff

Hello Keith_W 

Apologies for overlooking that; additional attention would need to be paid to the PAYG amounts in reconciling this for Salary Sacrifice. I would suggest refering to this former post on the forum from another user with the same scenario, who received a detailed suggestion as to how to handle that scenario.