Forum Discussion

MarnieMYOB
Contributing User
2 years ago

Issue with importing Activity Slips in AccountRight

Hi there

My client currently manually enters Activity slips and we’re attempting to move to importing Activity slips, with a csv file.

However, after numerous attempts, unfortunately the import has failed.

I’ve attached some supporting information:

• Activity list - snippet for understanding 
  • CSV file - snippet for understanding 
  • Error msg reason (attempted to import multiple times though this is the last message)

In importing the data, the steps have been:

1. Welcome – selected Employee Card ID to match field
  2. File Type – Import Activity slips, and selected the csv file successfully
  3. Format – Comma / Header fields
  4. Match Fields – these are the fields we’ve attempted to match

Import Fields

Available Fields

Activity Type

Activity ID

Job Number

Job Number

Date

Date

Units

Units

Employee Card ID

Employee Card ID

Need assistance with:

Any pointers would be most welcome. 

Many thanks

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MarnieMYOB
    Contributing User

Hi there - it's been two weeks since I posted this query. If MYOB are able to get back to me, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi MarnieMYOB 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. I've had a look at the file you attached, and you have put the Activity Type as "Project Management" which should be either " " or "X", and the Customer has "(data removed)", which sounds odd; I am assuming there isn't a customer named "(data removed)"?

For a list of the field formats please refer to our Help Article: Import and export fields 

For help creating a template, I have also provided a Help Article on that: Using an import template.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

MarnieMYOB
        Contributing User

Thanks Samara for your response. 

Just to clarify: 

- For Activity Type - are you suggesting the column relating to Activity Type is left blank or an X? I thought for the Activity Slip import to work, Activity Type is a mandatory field and a key to importing the data correctly. FYI - there are a number of different Activity Types set up for employees in my customer's MYOB. This then assigns the appropriate cost. Please advise 

- For Customer First Name - this information was deemed sensitive, therefore the info was deleted from the csv file and replaced with (data removed). Apologies for the confusion.

If you could assist, I'd appreciate it. 

Thanks