Forum Discussion

LouiseTrack40
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Jobkeeper - Final Jobkeeper Fortnight

An employee who has been receiveing the JobKeeper subsidy has now resigned. We process pays on a weekly basis and her final week ended on Sunday 5th July. Her final pay (which included her Jobkeeper Top Up) was processed and paid on Thursday 9th July. 

After processing the final pay, on the Payroll Reporting Centre I entered her Final Jobkeeper Fortnight as 22 Jun - 5 July FN07 and then selected "Notify the ATO".

I have since read information that I may have entered the incorrect final fortnight and that it should have been FN08 (which runs 06 Jul - 19 Jul). This doesn't make any sense to me as her final fortnight ended on 5th July.

I called the ATO and spoke to someone who confirmed I had entered the correct fortnight, that being FN07.

I have now checked the Jobkeeper Summary Report and the employee is missing from the list for the FN07 period. 

Have tried calling MYOB but do not have the luxury of waiting the 1hr predicted waiting time.

Can someone please advise if I have done this correctly and if not, how I should rectify the situation.

Thank you

• Tracey,

Thank you so much, that's made alot more sense.

So have followed your instructions and changed the First JobKeeper Fortnight Start & Finish to START-07 and FINISH-09 but when I try to select "Notify the ATO" it's showing a red circle with a line through it (which I assume means 'no you can't do this').

Is this something to do with the timeframe? Will I have to wait until after 19th Jul (the end of FN08) to complete this?

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GDay53
    Ultimate Partner

LouiseTrack40 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

As with everything Payroll the date PAID is the date accepted, dates worked don't mean a thing.

So if you paid then on the 9th July the correct finishing fortnight is FN08.

LouiseTrack40
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks but strange how the ATO advised otherwise? 

So how do I amend the entry as it currently not letting me change the fortnight.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi LouiseTrack40 

This information is from the ATO website: ATO website: Jobkeeper payments 

You need to let us know if your employee is no longer eligible for JobKeeper payments. Tell us the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description.

For example, if you paid the employee their last JobKeeper payment on 13 May 2020 (pay date 13 May 2020), the last payment was made in FN04, meaning the employee is no longer eligible for JobKeeper from FN05.

The instructions to change an incorrectly reported fortnight are also in that link to the ATO website:

Incorrect finish FN (earlier) – if an earlier finish fortnight is incorrectly reported, cancel this entry via a matching start fortnight (cancel via matching start/finish fortnights) and report an additional later finish fortnight.

Please do let us know if you need further help.

LouiseTrack40
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Graeme,

So if the date PAID is the 9th July, doesn't that mean they are still eligible for FN 08 which runs from 06 Jul - 19 Jul?

They would become ineligible for FN09 20 Jul - 02 Aug. The reply I received from Tracey included this from the ATO:

Tell us the first full JobKeeper fortnight they became ineligible, using the 'JobKeeper Finish Fortnight' field description.

Which would mean I need to report the Finsh Jobkeeper fortnight as FN09??

Sorry this is so confusing!