Forum Discussion

Gasso
Contributing User
7 months ago

Leave Accrual Categories

Hi  MYOB team, 

I had set up a second Annual leave  Wage category and Accrual Category , to make some changes for staff moving from Hourly to Salary. When I prepare payroll, the new Category does not have the Arrow to click on and enter the annula leave dates, nor allow me to enter the hours in the field.  The original one did.  have i missed a step in the set up  perhaps.?  please help.

thank you.

G.

10 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Gasso

Thank you for your post. 

In this case, may we ask for the screenshot showing no arrow option on your end? In AccountRight you track the hours and days an employee is entitled to take using entitlement categories. The hours you enter against the wage category will automatically offset the entitlement balance owing to the employee. You may recheck your set up by using this help article, setting up leave accruals that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you with this. This explains how to set up the required categories for annual leave and personal (sick) leave, although the same approach can be used for any leave accrual.

We will be waiting for your response. 

Cheers,

Shella

Gasso
      Contributing User

thank you Shella,  see XL doc attached.  My screen does not look like the ones in the Instructions.

Do i need  to link the two accounts.  my new Annula leave accrual to the same Linked Wage Category, as my new one, does not appear in the drop down box.   Nor do i see option to  select " automatically Adjust base hourly" to tick

thanks

G

Gasso
      Contributing User

sorry , i have re-attached the screen shot, as  was not complete yesterday.

You can see in payroll window that my new categories i set up- Annual Leave- salary does not have  the Arrow, bu the old ones do.

thanks

G

Gasso
      Contributing User

Hi Shella, also  with the new  AL and PL  Accruals i set up,  , it wont allow me to click on the  EXEMPT button.  its greyed out.

Gasso
    Contributing User

hi  ,  happy new year.  we never heard back from you,.

I just wish to know if error with myob file, or i missed a step. 

attached again

many thanks

G