Forum Discussion

14 days ago

Overtime of one employee not showing in YTD verification report

Hello. I am finalising my reconciliations to the YTD payroll verification report and everything is balancing except one employee. He has 3 overtime categories but only one is showing up on his summary report. The other 2 overtime categories that are not showing up are used for all my other 14 employees and they are showing up the figures, it is just this one employee that it isn't. I have checked the category to ensure that the overtime is going to the correct STP category (which it is correct because all my other employees figures are correct).

I did process and authorise a $0 pay for this one employee and waited for it to be approved by the ATO to see if that helped and it did not add to his summary report. 

The only thing I can think of is this employee left the business, I did a termination pay and then he came back on board a few weeks later but his card is active and there is no termination date set in MYOB or the payroll control center. 

Can anyone help, this has me stumped! 

3 Replies

Isaiah_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi MorgangG,

Thank you for the post. I understand how important it is to have accurate payroll records. Here are some steps than we can do. 

We need to ensure that the overtime categories are correctly assigned to this specific employee. Then ensure that the overtime entries are correct and that the dates fall within the reporting period you're reviewing.

Might also check the pay history for this employee. Look for the overtime hours and ensure they're recorded correctly. Sometimes, manually checking the history can reveal discrepancies that might not be obvious in the summary report.

Since you've already processed a $0 pay, you might want to consider deleting the last pay for this employee and reprocessing it. After doing that, submit the STP report again to the ATO to see if that resolves the issue.

Last thing you might want to check is if there are any filters or settings in your payroll report that might be excluding this employee's overtime categories. Try customizing the report to include all relevant payroll categories to see if the missing data appears.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to our live chat agent through our virtual assistant MOCA or submit a support request via MyAccount.

Regards,

Sai

• So frustrating isn't it Marie!! I might do the same and lodge with support, saves waiting around for a response. Thanks for replying to me!! 

MarieS2021
    Contributing User

I'm having a similar issue, multiple pay categories aren't showing in the YTD amounts and verification report for some staff but then visible against others (basically STP isn't matching myob reports).  I have logged a support request as i tried the chat function and wasted 2 hours of my time to be told to clear a cache that did nothing. As you have I also have performed multiple update events and $0 pays to try and get them to reflect.