Forum Discussion

LynStone
Contributing Cover User
9 months ago
Solved

Pay slips and invoices not emailing from desktop

I am unable to email out pay slips or invoices from the desktop version and am getting this error everytime.  
    9 months ago

Hi LynStone

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for your effort in flagging your inquiry with us and for providing the error message you are getting. We are sorry that you cannot email the pay slips and invoices due to this error message. We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. 

When you email through AccountRight, the program will use Interop. In its simplest form, Interop is a Microsoft Outlook process that gets installed with Outlook so that third-party programs can send emails through Outlook. The error message you are experiencing indicates that Interop is not correctly set up in the Windows Registry (Library not registered) thus when AccountRight does call to it an error message is generated.  

I would recommend speaking to an IT person regarding that particular error message and getting Interop correctly installed on your computer. You may need to reinstall Outlook for that error. I would also recommend looking at the Outlook issue - Unable to cast COM object of type which also gives you some possible solutions that you can speak to an IT person. Some clients have had some success at uninstalling Office, uninstalling AccountRight, and then reinstalling both products.  

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information. 

Cheers,  
    Leneth