Forum Discussion

Basketball
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

Payroll Register YTD not agreeing to Payroll Summary YTD - out by amount of finished employees sick pay

Hi there, 

To prepare for EOFY and Finalising Payroll, in May I compared the Payroll Activity Register to the Payroll Summary reports YTD and tall figures agreed, even for finished employees during the year.

Today when I compare them, they differ by the amount of Sick pay paid for an employee who finished many months ago.  Not sure why as there is no reason why anything should have been changed in this employees card or have any payroll transactions. Note this employee has a term date in the card file so no further leave entitlements

I have compared the Payroll Activity details and Payroll Register detail for this employee and that is the only difference.  Note that the Payroll Register Detail report shows the # sick leave hours but doesnt show the $ amount.

Can anyone help please?

I have removed all sensitive name details on the attached screenshots to show the diffs and timing of reports

Thanks

• Hi Basketball 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll activity report gets it's data from pays recorded through Process Payroll. The Payroll register report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that if there is a difference between those two reports a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history.

To resolve this you will need to change the employee card>>Pay history back to what it should be, then process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update STP.

The post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Basketball 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll activity report gets it's data from pays recorded through Process Payroll. The Payroll register report gets it's data from the employee card>>Pay history. This means that if there is a difference between those two reports a manual change has been made to the employee card>>Pay history.

To resolve this you will need to change the employee card>>Pay history back to what it should be, then process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June to update STP.

The post, AccountRight reports don't match STP reports, has detailed information.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Basketball
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for replying.

Yesterday I actually got through to MYOB support and Kim asked me to try to go to Payroll History in the terminated employees card to see if the Sick Leave $ were there.

It was not, so she suggested I key in the amount to what it should be (as employee left last November and there had been not entries since then).

I made the change and the reports now line up being Payroll Activity Summary YTD = Payroll Register Summary YTD = STP Verif'n report, so happy with that.

My quick question is - do I still need to do a zero pay for this employee for STP purposes ,when the STP verif'n report had the correct YTD figure anyway?

Or possibly good to do before finalisation anyway to double check all in agreeance

Thankyou, I appreciate your answer

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Basketball 

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. To answer your question for future reference, processing a $0 pay just updates the YTD amounts in STP so if all reports reconcile it's not necessary. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.