Forum Discussion

Karadoc
Experienced Cover User
5 months ago

Payroll STP verification report

Hi , i hope someone can help me with this one.

When i compare the STP2 Verification report to my accountright payroll summary report i have a difference.

The difference is for an amount of $390.39 which i can identify as a Back Pay paid to 1 employee.

This (Back Pay) is in the category for STP2 of Gross payments, why would it be missing off the STP2 Verification report.

I have checked and the Payroll report send to STP on the day was accepted.

This has me confused, does anyone have any ideas?

• Hi Karadoc

It seems like you're dealing with a discrepancy between the STP2 Verification report and your AccountRight payroll summary report. This could be because of how back pay is categorised in these reports. If the back pay isn't showing up on the STP2 verification report, you might want to double-check if the payroll category for back pay is set up correctly and reported in the STP report. Also, check if the back pay category is linked to the employee when you've processed the back pay. Another handy tip is to compare your payroll register and activity report with the YTD verification report. This could help you spot where the differences are coming from and make the necessary adjustments.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help!

Cheers,

MYOB