Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Payroll Verification - Sorting alphabetically by first name not last name

I am using MYOB accountright 2023.2. For the first time, I'm using the app.myob.com browser version.

I have 40 employees who use manual time sheets.

When entering the details, the employees are listed in last name alphatically which is also how the desktop app version does it. 

When I run the payroll verification report, that's sorted by FIRST name alphatically instead of by last name alphatically. 

WHY on earth would you make these different?! 

Please advise how one of the other could be sorted so that both stages of payroll are sorted the same way as I want to avoid wasting time having to either resort all the timesheets after the first stage to double check them, or finding each timesheet individually to double check. 

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RoxanneM

Thanks for sharing your experience with the employee order on the reports.

Yes, there are a few little differences between the desktop and browser versions of the app, and this seems to be one of them. Just to confirm, in the browser version, the employee order in reports is based on the first name and can't be changed yet.

I recommend posting this on the Ideas Exchange board for future update consideration. 

In the meantime, feel free to create a new thread if you require any other assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve